My family, especially my mother, loves potatoes. We eat them boiled, we eat them mashed and we eat them in every possible way they can be eaten.
But one of our favorite ways to eat potatoes is by stir-frying them.
This recipe is my mother’s recipe actually.
This recipe is perfect because of its hot and spicy chili peppers. The salt and the amount of red chili powder to put in this dish totally depends on you. So put salt and chilly to your taste.
If you’re someone who does not like chilies, it is okay not to use it. But I still suggest the no-spicy-people to give it a try.
- Turmeric powder
- Red Chili powder and Green Chilies
- Fenugreek seeds
How to make this Nepali Style Stir-fried potatoes?
- Boil the potatoes, but don’t let them get overcooked. Otherwise later, while stir-frying them they will not hold their shape and get all mushy. Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into wedges.
2. Heat frying pan and put about 2-3 tbsp cooking oil.
3. Put the fenugreek seeds in the pan after the oil gets heated. Let the fenugreek seeds turn a little dark and then put the chopped garlic.
4. When the garlic gets a little brown, add onion and stir-fry till color changes slightly.
5. Add tomatoes and stir-fry until they get a little cooked.
6. Now add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, and salt and red chili powder to your taste.
7. Add potatoes and stir them till they are coated with the spices well.
8. At last, garnish it with green chilies or you can also use coriander.
Stir-fried potatoes are the best accompanied by roti(chapati). But it does not mean that it cannot be eaten alone. It tastes perfect with or without any other food to go with it.
Here are some pictures to show how we ate this Nepali style stir-fried potato.
Lunch, brunch or dinner, this recipe is perfect for any meal of the day.
Let me know if you try this recipe and also let me know how did it taste!
I hope you like it!