Summer is right around the corner, and I know many of us are excited and working hard to get an awesome summer body. And why not? When we talk about summer, it means we are talking about outdoor activities and lots of fun. With winter almost gone, its time to take off your blanket and get yourself ready for exciting summer fun.
But does everyone like summer?
Of course, there are few people who don’t like summer and it makes sense. Summer is all about the hot weather; along with bright sunny days when you want to go to the beach and have sun-kissed moments, and it also brings smelly and sweaty days. And we cannot even deny the fact that summer also brings laziness. The temperature just rises and the days become hotter and so increases our laziness. Not only that, during summer we feel excessively thirsty, not like the normal thirsty.
Obviously, drinking water will quench your thirst. But sometimes we should drink something more than just water.
If you are looking for a blender which would easily pulverize ice into snow and frozen fruits into liquid, see this: Best Blender for Crushing Ice and Frozen Fruits
Here we have brought few drinks, non-alcoholic, which you can prepare easily at home. The best things about these drinks are that they do not take much time. Few minutes of work and you’ll be ready to serve a delicious and at the same time healthy drink to your family.
Non-Alcoholic Summer Drinks with Recipes
So here are some chilled non-alcoholic beverages with recipes that you can enjoy during summer without much effort:
1. Refreshing Watermelon Lime Slushie
Watermelon lime slushie is one of the most popular summer drinks. This drink carries the sweetness of watermelon, subtle tartness of lime and the chilliness of crushed ice. It is refreshing, healthy and above all, it is easy to make. You’ll be amazed to see how a little amount of effort can give you this healthy and delicious slushie and also it does not need too many ingredients.
- Chunked watermelon without any seeds
- Lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Take the ingredients and place them in a blender. Blend the ingredients until the ice gets totally crushed and has no lumps of watermelon.
The amount of lemon juice to be used depends on how tangy you want the slushie to be. You can also add sweeteners if you want the watermelon lime slushie to be sweeter.
2. Mint Lemonade
Who doesn’t like to drink cold and refreshing lemonade in the hot summer? There are only quite a few people who don’t like lemonade. Mint lemonade is a lemonade with a touch of mint. It is perfect for hot summer days. I really like how the mint adds soothing flavor to the little sweet, little tangy lemonade. And the lemon juice is healthy for our body as it cleanses and alkalizes the body. Mint lemonade for me is a refreshing summer drink and a detox water. Isn’t it amazing? A drink which helps to beat the heat and at the same time removes toxins from your body.
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Thin slices of lemon for garnishing
- Mint leaves
- Ice cubes and water
- Honey (or any other sweetener)
- Put the lemon juice, mint leaves, and ice cubes in the pitcher.
- Add water to the mixture.
- Put honey and then stir.
- Garnish your drink with lemon slices.
If you want your mint lemonade to be more chilled, you can store it in the fridge for 1-2 hours and enjoy it later with your family and friends.
3. Sparkling Cranberry Kiss at home
Orange and cranberry when combined together with ginger ale, gives a tart yet sweet taste that everyone loves. This is another favorite drink of mine. Yes, it is famous as a party drink but it doesn’t always have to be a party drink. It is non-alcoholic which means anyone can enjoy this drink. The little tangy and little sweetness of this punch is perfect and with the addition of cold ice, we get an amazing summer drink that can easily freshen everyone creating a lively ambiance.
- Ginger ale – 3 cups
- Cranberry Juice – 6 cups
- Orange Juice – 1 1⁄2 cups
- Ice cubes
- Fresh cranberries for decoration
- Combine the cranberry juice with orange juice in a pitcher.
- Add ginger ale and give it a good stir.
- Put ice cubes, top it with fresh cranberries and serve.
If desired, you can garnish this drink with orange slices, wedges or the way you like and enjoy your sparkling cranberry kiss at home.
4. Little-Sweet Orange Juice Spritzer
I know sometimes we all want a soft drink which is sweet but not too sweet. This is perfect for such times. This can be the best alternative for those people who are trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Actually, spritzer is a drink which is usually made with white wine and sparkling water or carbonated water. But since we are talking about the non-alcoholic and family-friendly drink, we replace wine with 100% orange juice. This easy-to-make drink goes perfectly well with any meal, party or as a refreshing drink.
- 100% Orange Juice (chilled)
- Carbonated water or Sparkling Mineral Water
- Orange Slices or Wedges for garnishing (optional)
- Pour the chilled orange juice and carbonated water in a pitcher.
- Stir it well and serve.
- Optional – If you’re not too lazy, use the orange slices to garnish your drink and enjoy a restaurant served like the drink at home.
The proportion of the orange juice and carbonated water is something that depends on your taste and is all about making your own recipe. And you can also add ice cubes if you want to drink icy drink.
5. Homemade Pink Lemonade
In summer, it’s very important to keep yourself cool and active. But the way you are keeping yourself cool is also an important part. So here I have an awesome idea to stay cool. This pink lemonade will help to stay cool and fresh. When I say pink, I don’t mean adding any food color. Good health is what we must maintain during hot summer so the pink drink you make at home must be no-food-color drink. Pink lemonade is a mixture of sharp and sweet flavors- tangy yet sweet.
- Lemon juice – freshly squeezed
- Cranberry juice
- Granulated sugar
- Ice cubes
- In a pitcher, take the freshly extracted lemon juice and add water to your taste.
- Add sugar syrup to the mixture of the lemon juice and water. (You can make it as sweet as you want)
- For making it pink, add cranberry juice to the mixture until it gets pink.
- Add ice cubes to make it more chilled.
- You can also garnish this drink with lemon slices or wedges.
How to make sugar syrup:
- Take equal amount of sugar and water in a saucepan and heat the ingredients until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Give it a good boil and then remove heat.
- Let it cool.
Sugar syrup is the best sweetener when it comes to homemade cold beverages. This can also be used in your coffee, tea, cocktails and more.
6. Cold-Brewed Iced Coffee
Iced Coffee is my personal summer drink. Iced coffee is a coffee that has been chilled and served with lots of ice cubes. It is refreshing, energizing and healthy due to the caffeine content which gives you energy and also brings mental alertness. If you’re thinking iced coffee is difficult to make or it takes a lot of time, then you’re wrong. It is one of the most easy-to-make drinks and only takes few minutes to prepare. As for the sweetness, you can add sugar or mix it with any flavored sweetener.
- Cold brewed coffee
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Ice cubes
- Take a tall jar and fill it with ice cubes.
- Pour the cold-brewed coffee in the glass and add the sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir it well and enjoy chilled iced coffee!
Instead of using tall glass, you can also use a mason jar to serve this summer beverage.
How to make Cold-Brewed Coffee:
To cold brew coffee, you will need
- Put coffee in a glass or jar, add water to it and stir well.
- Cover the glass or jar and leave it for a night.
- Use a paper coffee filter or fine sieve to strain the coffee from the mixture.
In this cold-brewed coffee is prepared. This coffee can be refrigerated for about 24 hours.
7. Pineapple Ginger Sparkler
If you’re someone who likes a tangy, fizzy yet sweet drink, I recommend you to try Pineapple Ginger Sparkle. I’m sure you will love it. This drink is perfect for spring and summer. It consists of the sweetness of pineapple and has the tanginess of ginger ale. The non-alcoholic ginger ale tastes gingery but not-too-strong gingery. The spiciness of the ginger ale and the sweetness of the pineapple blends perfectly and allows you to enjoy a delicious and refreshing drink.
- Ginger ale
- Pineapple juice
- Pineapple slices
- Take a pitcher and combine chilled ginger ale and chilled pineapple juice in equal proportion.
- Give it a good stir and pour it into your serving glass.
- Before you serve, add ice cubes to make it more chilled and top it with ginger slices.
If you want to make it taste sharper, you can add lemon juice to it. You can also use orange slices or fresh basil leaves for dressing your drink.
8. Mango Mule
What is better than a refreshing drink made of the best summer fruit – mango? When the nutrient-rich mango is mixed with the sharp-flavored ginger ale and lime juice, it becomes the excellent tasting mango mule. The good part about this drink is you won’t need any additional sweeteners. Those beautifully ripened mangoes add sweetness to your drink. At the same time, the stingy ginger ale and the freshly squeezed lime juice adds sourness to the drink.
- Mango puree
- Ginger ale
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Mango slices or lime wheel for garnish (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Put mango puree, ginger ale, lime juice and ice cubes in a pitcher.
- Stir it well and transfer in the serving glass.
- Garnish it with it mango slice or lime wheel and enjoy an icy drink.
You can garnish your drink with orange or lime wedges.
9. Ginger Peach Soda
Here is another ginger flavored summer drink. But in this drink, something ingredients are different. Instead of bottled ginger ale, it uses homemade ginger syrup. Ginger syrup is quite easy to make. It needs sugar and minced ginger. This drink is comparatively healthier than those drinks which use bottled ginger ale or bottled juice. The fresh peach used in this drink makes it tastier and healthier.
- Sugar – 1 cup
- 2 ripe peaches – halved, pitted and then sliced
- Fresh minced ginger – 2 tablespoons
- Soda water – 2 liters
- Ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Firstly, distribute the sliced peach evenly among your serving glasses and press them gently with the back of a spoon to release the juice out of it.
- Add the ginger simple syrup to every glasses.
- Then place ice cubes, top it with soda water and mix them well.
- Garnish your drink with mint leaves(optional).
How to make ginger simple syrup:
- Take a medium saucepan and keep it over a medium-low heat.
- Pour 1 cup of water, minced ginger and sugar in the saucepan and let it boil gently stirring the mixture until the sugar gets dissolved.
- Now remove the ginger simple syrup from heat, cover it and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- In order to remove ginger from the syrup, take a fine-mesh sieve and pour the mixture through it, pressing minced ginger with the back of a spoon.
- Transfer the syrup to a jar, cover it and then refrigerate. This syrup can be stored and used for about 2 weeks.
10. Minty Arnold Palmer
Arnold Palmer is the best when it comes to non-alcoholic summer beverage. It is the combination of iced tea and lemonade. And when you add some mint leaves to this classic drink, it becomes Minty Arnold Palmer. Adding mint to Arnold Palmer gives this drink a refreshing and soothing taste. The classic Arnold Plamer uses unsweetened iced tea, however, you can add sugar or syrup to make it sweet.
- Mint leaves
- Fresh lemonade – 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened ice tea – 1/2 cup
- Sugar (if you want to drink sweet minty Arnold Palmer)
- Lemon wedges or mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Take few mint leaves in a tall glass and using a spoon, crush the mint between the glass and the spoon until you get the oil coming out of the leaves.
- Then add lots of ice to the glass.
- Add lemonade and unsweetened iced tea into the glass and give it a good stir.
- Top the drink with lemon wedges, mint sprigs or both.
- If you want to make it sweet, you can add sugar to the lemonade or add syrup right into the drink.
11. Apple Cucumber Mint Smoothie
What’s better than starting off your day with some healthy and delicious? This apple cucumber mint smoothie is delicious and is filled with nutritious ingredients. It is really important to keep your body cool in order to fight the scorching heat. For such times, drinking this drink is beneficial. And adding a smoothie to your breakfast makes you healthy and keeps you full longer.
- Mint leaves
- Green apple
- Ice cubes
- Peel the cucumber and slice it and also dice the apple.
- Place the diced apple, cucumber, mint leaves and honey in a blender and blend them until they mix properly.
- Then add ice cubes and blend it again until the mixture becomes smooth and serve.
12. Cherry-Berry Smoothie
This recipe is for the smoothie lovers. It is easy to make, needs only 4 ingredients and is filled with healthy nutrient-rich fruits. This incredible smoothie is the best way to start off your day. Including it in your breakfast will keep you cool and fresh for the whole day. For this smoothie, I recommend using frozen cherries and frozen berries instead of fresh ones. Frozen fruits will keep the smoothie thick and they are as healthy as fresh fruits.
- Frozen cherries – 1/2 cup
- Frozen Raspberries – 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Add all the ingredients including coconut milk to the blender.
- Blend well the mixture becomes smooth and thick.
- Then serve and enjoy!
13. Coconut Lavender lemonade
During summer we make lemonade most of the time because it is easy to make and takes very little time. How about giving the classic lemonade a little twist and making something interesting? Coconut Lavender lemonade is quite easy to prepare. The only thing that takes a little time is making the lavender simple syrup. But once the syrup is prepared, you can use it up to 2 weeks. That means you’ll be able to make this refreshing summer beverage more than once.
- Coconut water
- Lavender Simple Syrup
- Dried lavender sprigs
- Violet food coloring
- Lemon slice or mint sprigs for garnish
- Combine lemonade, coconut water, and water in a tall glass.
- Add lavender simple syrup to the mixture, again stir and serve.
- You can garnish your drink with a lemon slice or lavender sprigs.
The amount of lavender simple syrup depends on your personal taste.
- Take a saucepan and combine about 2 tbsp of dried lavender, 2 cups of sugar and 1.5 cups of water.
- On a high heat, boil it for about 1 minute.
- Remove heat and cover it for about 25 minutes.
- Then using a fine mesh sieve, strain the lavender from the syrup and let the syrup cool.
- Then add few drops of violet food coloring to the syrup and your lavender simple syrup is ready.
14.Raspberry Lemonade Spritzer
Do you want to make a drink which is delicious and at the same time beautiful to look at? If your answer is yes, then it is a must-try drink. One sip of raspberry lemonade spritzer and it will you fall in love with this drink. It has got the good taste and the beautiful raspberry color. This summer refresher is also a perfect drink for parties and family gatherings.
- Seltzer – 2 cups
- Fresh raspberries – 2/3 cup
- Mint leaves
- Simple syrup – 3 ounces
- Take a tall glass and put raspberries and simple syrup in it.
- Take a muddler and muddle.
- Then add mint leaves, ice cubes, lemonade and spritzer to the muddled berries.
- Top it with some whole berries, mint and lemon slices.
- Stir well and serve.
These refreshing summer beverages are amazingly tasty and healthy. And they are even easy to make and only require few ingredients. You will be able to make these awesome drinks at home in no time. So, try making these refreshing drinks and fight the heat!