When I think of an Indian food, chicken biryani is the first thing that comes in my mind.
For those who don’t know what biryani is, it is an Indian food made with highly seasoned rice and meat, fish, or vegetable. You can place it on the table in any occasion, be it a festival or any lazy day.
There are many ways to cook a finger licking delicious biryani. But I like to cook it using a pressure cooker. It’s very easy method and consumes less time. Unlike other biryanis, this is a non layering biryani recipe.
- Garam masala or Biryani masala
- Ginger garlic paste
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilly powder
- Coriander leaves
- Pour a small amount of oil in a pot and put the dry spices and saute till they begin to sizzle.
- Add onions and fry till they turn into beautiful golden color, then add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste.
- Add chicken and fry it (chicken should be marinated with salt, yogurt, garlic ginger paste) and salt. Put little salt since the marinated chicken also contains salt.
- Add tomatoes, chilly powder, coriander leaves, and cook the mixture till almost all the chicken is cooked soft. It will start to smell nice.
- Add water to the mixture, and give it a boil.
- Pour this mixture to a pressure cooker, and add rice after having it soaked for 20-30 minutes (don’t forget to drain it completely).
- Cover the pressure cooker with a lid. Turn on the flame to very low. Cook it for sometimes till the cooker gives a whistle once.
- Let the pressure go down.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Your chicken biryani is ready to serve.
You can also serve it with roasted boiled eggs. It is optional.
Enjoy your meal with a tasty chicken biryani.